Saturday, July 16, 2011

Spaghetti Saturday & Some Family Catch-up!

Hi Everyone,

With each passing day that I don't blog, I feel like I'm getting further and further behind.  Good intentions? Yes! Busy schedule? Yes!  Some health issues thrown in the mix? Yes!

I've decided that I'm going to cut myself some slack for not recently achieving my blogging goals.  I've noticed that my husband, John at Life and Times of John Krejcha has fallen behind with his blogs as well but is currently in a power catch-up mode.

Since many of his blogs talk about family life at the Krejcha household, I'm going to refer you over to his blog in case you're interested in finding out about family events over the past month or so.

http://www.johnkrejcha.blogspot.com

I feel a bit guilty giving the link as it seems I'm riding his blogging coattails but sometimes in life you just can't get to everything you want to do in a timely manner.  I try to take each day as it comes, make the most of it and then take advantage of the next day, all the while making sure to appreciate and enjoy the memories of days from the past.

Today is John's Mom's 70th birthday!  If you happen to come across this blog, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAN! We hope you're enjoying your time visiting with family in Wisconsin and we hope that your 70th year will be filled with promise and fulfillment!

Tonight John is cooking spaghetti and meatballs for dinner... my favorite!  God bless him!  I have not been feeling so well lately (severe anemia) and my appetite has been a bit off.  Smelling the great cooking coming from downstairs, I can sense that appetite coming back.  Looking forward to a delicious dinner with John, Justin and Ryan!

On Monday, John and I celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Last year we had trouble lining up a sitter so this year, John wanted to make sure we'd get our "date out" and so he lined up a sitter from down the street over two weeks ago.  Big points scored!   We're going to go to The Melting Pot in Portland.  We've never been there before and have been wanting to go ever since our last anniversary!

If you're not familiar with The Melting Pot, their specialty is FONDUE!  It's a four course meal with cheese fondue, salad course, main entree course and then chocolate fondue course.  I think my favorites will be the first and the last!  Better save up room in my tummy!

This week has been filled with trips to Kaiser.  John had minor surgery on his neck on Monday to remove a cyst.  Ouch!  He's recovering well but still sore.  He gets his stitches out in about 5 days. Ryan met with his doctor on Friday for us to discuss allergies.  I got a shot the same day... literally a pain in the rear!

On Wednesday, I spent the morning and early afternoon going through my first round of iron dextran infusions. I'd been trying to increase my iron through daily pills but they just weren't absorbing.  I had gotten to the point where my ferritin levels were so low (a 2 if you understand the numbers...  11 - 300+ is normal) that it was adversely affecting my quality of living to the point where I needed to take more serious measures.  I still have LOTS of things left I want to do in this life and so taking care of my health really needs to be a priority.

Admittedly I was a bit concerned I'd have an allergic reaction to the infusion since I've had allergic reactions to quite a few medicines but fortunately everything went relatively smoothly after 6 attempts for the RN to find my veins.  Seriously...

John is giving me and the boys the "5 minute warning" for dinner so I will wrap up this little weekend update and write again later!

Hope life is going well in your part of the world!
Best wishes,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment