Saturday, January 1, 2011

One New Year's Resolution? - More Blogging at Aspierations

HAPPY NEW YEAR Aspierations Friends and to all out there in the blogosphere!!


Baby, it's COLD outside!!! BRRR!

It is SO GREAT to be back!  It felt wonderful blogging yesterday after a three week hiatus.  You'd think I had the same schedule as some of the TV fall dramas. Well, at least I didn't give you guys and gals reruns!

Truth be told, part of the reason I held off on blogging in December was that I was partaking in family and work drama of my own. It seemed like I was co-starring in a new episode each day, although some of the episodes which featured meltdowns did feel like reruns!  Wish I had the remote to skip through the repetitive parts!

If you read my blog from December 31st, I wrote that the month of December has been my most hectic month of the year ever since I founded Count Your Beans in 1999.

One of my resolutions for 2011 is to make THIS December a lot less crazy. I realize that having an online retail business will still keep the month busy and fast-paced but there are still plenty of things I can do to make life at home less dramatic, more spiritual and more fun for the family.

This year, I'm all about working on positive transitions and life transformations.  I'm also about setting realistic and attainable goals.  I'll be sharing some of these with you soon as I figure if I post it on my blog, I will have more motivation to be accountable.

My husband John at Life and Times of John Krejcha is back blogging again too. He blogged on both December 31st and today, January 1st. I invite you to check out both his summary of the Krejcha family year and his resolutions for 2011.  As usual, he did a great job.

It seems we both got into a funk from the period of Thanksgiving through Christmas and as a result, it was challenging for both of us to write.  In actuality, I think if I HAD written, it might have been very therapeutic. It has been in the past and I'm sure it will be again in the future.

Just as it's helpful to have a weight loss or exercise partner, having a blogging buddy to help keep me on track is a good thing too.  Although I am going to encourage John to blog at least 5 times a week and he will hopefully do the same for me, I realize that one of my biggest kicks in the butt comes from me making the decision to not only be accountable to myself but to my children, my husband, God and to everyone out there who visits the Aspierations blog.

I look forward to the opportunity to get to know you better this year!  I hope you will want to get to know me as well as I strive to continue promoting acceptance and empowerment for those on the autism spectrum with Autism or Asperger's and for the family, friends, associates and working professionals whose lives are impacted by a spectrum traveler of any age, gender or race.

Is there anything in particular you'd like me to write about this year?  If so, please let me know in the comments section of my blog or drop me a line at lettingmylightshine@gmail.com. I don't mind if you're anonymous!

I commit to making this year one where I move forward toward my goals, where I empower myself and others, where spirituality, family, autism acceptance and empowerment are top priorities. Additionally, I want to become healthier, wealthier and wiser.  Fun buns for summer wouldn't be bad either!

How about you?  What you are looking forward to accomplishing in 2011?
Let me know in the comments section!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you blogging again. I love reading your view of life. It helps me become closer to you.

    I Love you and lets make 2011 be our Rock.

    Love,
    Johnny Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, John. I totally missed blogging. It has become a very important part of my life and I don't ever want to go that long without blogging again.

    ReplyDelete