Friday, September 3, 2010

Trying to Kick Someone When They're Down

Hey Aspierations Friends,

This will not apply to most of you so if you're a nice person, feel free to skip this post and wait for my next one.  I will be blogging later this evening after the kiddos are finally in bed.  I have a lot to talk about as it has been one roller-coaster of a week.

John is currently in Wisconsin and will be attending his Grandma's funeral tomorrow.  I am at home with the kids.  John will be back late on Monday.  He has his iPad with him though, so will likely be blogging from the road.

Now, here is my open note in response to some cyberbullying I've been experiencing recently.  (Yes, they have been reported.)


@ Anonymous and anyone else who has been making rude and mean posts and emails - Please be respectful toward our family at this challenging point in time.  Your comments, emails and pictures were extremely hurtful and uncalled for. I debated even responding another time, however I am not going to let you make me the victim. I realize you are trying to push buttons and push me to the edge. It is not funny to make fun of rape or suicide. I hope in the future you will make a better choice with your spare time.

Here are some links for you to check out:

http://cyberbullying.us/  - All about Cyberbullying

http://www.volunteermatch.org/  - A much better use of time

http://www.cyberparent.com/abuse/  

http://www.cyberparent.com/abuse/femalemental.htm 

Finally, for those with autism or Asperger's Syndrome, somewhere on the spectrum or knowing someone who is or is being bullied - http://www.scn.org/autistics/abuse.html

I will be praying that you will find the strength inside to make this stop and to make positive change in your life / lives.

To anyone innocently happening in on this blog, I apologize.  I've been cyberbullied by a variety of individuals recently and one in particular.  I hope to not have to make posts like this in the near future.

Happiness and blessings to all -- yes, even you who dislike me.  You probably need the blessings even more. Please check out those links and educate yourself.  You can make positive change.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I'm sorry to hear that the cyber bullying is continuing. Your family has enough to deal with right now.

    The grace with which you've handled this astounds me and I have tremendous respect for you and your family.

    I just want you to know that your family is in my thoughts right now. I hope that tomorrow goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gavin,
    Thank you so much for your kind words of support and understanding. I look forward to this week ending!

    I recently heard from John and he said that the funeral was emotional but went very well. There were a lot of family members and friends in attendance and John had an opportunity to talk with people he hadn't seen in many years. I'm sure he'll be blogging about it soon!

    Thank you so very much for your kind thoughts and words! Seeing your comments always adds extra light shining to my blog and to my day!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that somebody is doing this. I am praying for you. Thank you so much for all of your support while I have been gone.

    I will be home soon
    Love john

    ReplyDelete