Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow, What A Working Day! WHEW!

Hello My Aspierations Blog Pals,

I had hoped to get a chance to blog to you sooner.  The past couple of days have been a whirlwind for me workwise.  I wish there was a whirlwind of cool air in this office right now!  11:55 p.m. and the temperature says 88 degrees in our office.  UGH!!  Our "cooling" fans are not impressing me.

Of course, I won't complain much more.  In addition to reporting sequentially about our recent California adventure, my husband John at Life and Times of John Krejcha has been doing a daily weather report at the top of his blog each day for the past few days.  He's a big grouchapotamus in the heat, I tell you.  (I'm one to talk!)

Just as people may be getting tired of his daily heat rants, they probably don't want to hear me yap on as well about how dowsing myself in cold ice water and making snow angels in the Alaskan snow in a bikini sounds really good right now.

Great visual, huh?  Hope I didn't blind anyone out there!  Okay, I'll admit I wouldn't go that far.  Me in a bikini in the snow would mean that I would just blend completely in and someone would step on me.  I don't like being stepped on.  It hurts.  Speaking of stepping on, why is it that my bare foot always tends to find the hot wheels cars or sharp legos when I'm tiptoeing through the office with lights out?  Why can't I step on something like Elmo? (At least then he might tickle me.)

I get two skintone colors, folks, white and sunburned.  After red, it goes back to white and then I feel blue.  Well, I take that back.  I do get freckles on my arms and face.  I guess if you put enough of them together you can make a tan.  Maybe I'll give Ryan some dot-to-dot practice before school starts.

When we were on our trip to California, I used SPF 70 because my complexion is so fair and I burn so easily.  I didn't even know there was an SPF 70 until just last week.  When I was a kid, I think SPF 15 was the big thing and if you wanted to tan (like I tried unsuccessfully to do as a teenager), you used SPF 4 or SPF 8.  Basically, all I did was get a little tan (and lots of freckles) on my face, lots of freckles on my arms and my legs still stayed as white as Frosty the Snowman's bottom.  (Do snowmen have tushies?)  At least I smelled good with my Hawaiian Tropic lotion.  Alas, the only way I was getting tan back in my teens and early 20s was if I dipped myself in chocolate.  (Why didn't I think of that sooner?)

How on earth did I get off on this tangent?  I'd blame it on the rain if I were Milli Vanilli but since I'm not and since it's hot, I'll just say that the heat is melting my brain and you, lucky Aspierations reader get to witness the process.  Lucky, lucky!  :-)

Hey, seriously, though.  Today I am very thankful to God that I was blessed with fast fingers.  Umm... fast fingers for typing.  Typing (now keyboarding) was probably the most useful class I took in high school because today I sure needed to work quickly!

It was quite busy at Count Your Beans today and hopefully it will continue through the rest of the week.  I welcome it so much.  We need it so badly, I can't even begin to tell you!  I am hopeful, I am prayerful, I will work hard and smart to make things start!  :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and let you know I'll be getting back to writing again about other important ideas, thoughts and reflections related to Aspierations in the next few days.  For those of you who faithfully come back to check in with me, thank you for helping to keep me going during the times I need a friend!  Yes, I realize you and I may not talk much (or at all) but you're here and I feel you and I appreciate your support, friendship and love and that means the world to me!

So have a great evening / morning / afternoon and if you feel like saying hi, you know how to do so! (Out loud even works too!)

Blessings, hope, happiness and great health,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment