Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back In Washington - Krejcha Family Adventure Part 1

Well, hello my loyal Aspierations Blog Friends and welcome all visitors!

Did you miss me?  :-)  I missed you guys and I sure did miss blogging!

From Monday, August 2nd through today, our family was on a road trip from Washington to California.  My Dad celebrated his 80th birthday last Friday and it was important that we be part of that celebration.  We didn't think we were going to be able to have a family getaway this year but we so much wanted to make this happen. Thank you so much for the hospitality, love, acceptance and generosity of my parents. I love them very much!


Mom & Dad with "STOP! The Party is Here" sign Justin picked out for Grandpa's birthday.

If you saw my last blog posting, we were very early into our California journey.  I had anticipated blogging from the road but the "high speed" (cough) internet connection in our hotel room combined with lots of activity combined with life stuff kept me away from the computer.  Well, I'm now back!  With a choice of hundreds of emails to peruse or a quick hello to my Aspierations friends, I choose you guys and gals!  Technically, I'm not "back to work" until Friday, August 13th, so I might as well take advantage of that fact and take a recovery day at home.

Tomorrow we take the boys to the Clark County Fair in the morning (this will be our 4th year) and then we head home in the afternoon for a web conference with our largest vendor, Charisma Brands.  Can't escape work.  It's back to reality!

John and I are pretty exhausted from the past week and a half.  I think the energy that I am missing transferred into Ryan's body. (It was helped along by the power of juice and Gram's tasty snickerdoodles.) Sleep patterns were off, routines were anything but routine and it certainly made for some lively and animated moments.  I knew in advance we'd have challenges, especially in such close quarters and so I prepared myself positively and packed an extra suitcase filled with a sense of humor and patience.  Love is patient, love is kind.   :-)

So I know that now I'm back, some of our customers will be asking politely if we had a nice vacation.

Vacation can be defined as "a period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation, especially one with pay granted to an employee".  I can't really checkmark the rest, relaxation or pay granted to an employee part but we did have many fun times so my answer will be yes, we had a nice vacation! It was wonderful seeing my parents and it was fantastic giving the boys a chance to have some fun summertime experiences before going back to school.


I will be talking about our trip over the next few days from the standpoint of sharing with you what we did and how it went but also to express some of the challenges and obstacles we faced, how we worked on overcoming them and what my thoughts and plans for the future are regarding trips such as these.  I have a lot of humor to share with you.  


I'll also share with you some of our more interesting adventures to places like Marine World, Santa Cruz, the Mystery Spot, the Intel Computer Museum and Great America.  I got some GRRRReat photos of the tigers at Marine World that I'll be sharing as well in a future blog about why I love tigers so much!



Introducing my new reality show, Tiger Island!  :-)


Our boys' behavior as a function of them being on the autism spectrum came into play a number of different occasions and for you out there with spectrum kiddos, I will be doing a helpful hints blog with travel tips in the near future.  


It was a great trip but melancholy in many ways.  I hope you will come back soon and share my journey with me.  Thanks for your support!  Feel free to say hello and give a shout out in the comments section if you feel so inclined.  :-)





Hope while I was away you Let Your Light Shine!  :-)
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I assume your new TIGER ISLAND reality show is on FOX unless there is a COUGAR channel. Welcome home.

    An avid follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! :-) Well, I suspect everyone will be fighting for my presence so I'll probably take the deal that offers the grrrreatest perks.

    I do like the idea of FOX or the Cougar channel, although Animal Planet is also a contender.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete