Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's All About The Number 25 Today!

Good Evening Aspierations Friends!

Do you have a favorite number, one that is lucky for you or seems to pop up in your life a lot?



The other day when we were driving home to Vancouver from OMSI in Portland, we encountered a bit of traffic and so we started talking about numbers.  Ryan often will count while he spins or runs or wants to mark passage of time and so talking about numbers is a subject that definitely makes him smile.

Ryan was telling us about all his favorite numbers.  His first favorite number is 54 (this was the # of the bus he rode to preschool last year), his second favorite number is 22 (the day he was born), his third favorite number is 192 (192nd Avenue is a popular street we drive on), his fourth favorite number is 801 (just because) and his fifth favorite number is 3801.  I'll spare you his entire list but will tell you that he got all the way up to his 1000th favorite number, however I think he may have skipped a few hundred along the way.  He is after all only 4 years old!  :-)

Anyway, Justin's favorite number is 3 (the day he was born), John's favorite number is 18 (our anniversary and actually this was his favorite number even when he was young).  My favorite number is 25.

Now before you start wondering if I'm into numerology, I'm not.  I just happen to like the number 25 because I associate so many positive experiences and relationships with people to that number or date in my life.  It's always been a special and lucky number for me.

As an aside, speaking of numbers, I'm not sure if anyone out there has ever seen the movie, "The Number 23" starring Jim Carrey.  John and I saw it a few years back.  It was a bizarre movie related to the number 23 enigma which is an esoteric belief that all incidents are connected to the number 23, a number related to 23 or some sort of permutation of 23.  Weird movie...

So anyway, just for fun I'm going to list 25 connections I have to the number 25 or permutations thereof.  This is just for amusement, okay?  :-)

In no particular order, here are 25 connections or facts about the number 25.  I plan to write the rest of this blog in 25 minutes and 25 seconds.  On your mark, get set, GO!

1. My birthday is on November 25.

2. Christmas is celebrated on December 25.

3. This year is the 25th anniversary of my high school graduation in 1985.  This also means I started college 25 years ago, yikes! (42 - 17 =25)

4. This year Thanksgiving will be on November 25 and I love Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble!  :-)

5. 25 years ago today on Thursday, July 25th, I was bowling at El Camino Bowl with a special friend showing off my stuff. I'm pretty sure it was on lane 25.  I want to say I scored a 225 but I honestly don't remember that part!

6. My maid of honor who introduced me and John (indirectly by renting us each of our apartments separately) was born on January 25.

7. I have other special friends born on September 25 and October 25. (If you have a birthday on the 25th let me know!)

8. If you add up 7 + 18 (the numbers for the month of my wedding and the day of my wedding), you get 25.

9. If you add up 3 + 22 (the numbers for the day each of my sons was born), you get 25.

10. If you multiply the first two digits of our house number and add the rest, you get 25.

11. The house I grew up in has the last two digits as 25.

12. I turned 25 the year I got married and was 25 on our first anniversary.

13. If you add up all the digits of my youngest sister's birthday (month, day and year), it equals 25.

14. Other November 25 birthdays include Ricardo Montalban (I enjoyed watching "Fantasy Island" as a kid), Joe DiMaggio (I like baseball. Incidentally, Barry Bonds from the Giants wore 25 on his jersey.), Jill Hennessy (I enjoyed her in "Crossing Jordan"), Christina Applegate (she was very funny in "Samantha Who?") and Ben Stein ("Win Ben Stein's Money").

15. My favorite coin as a kid was a quarter = 25 cents and I am one quarter of our family of 4 = 25%

16. If you add up the numbers of our favorite rooms at Watercourse Way (9) + Portland Tan & Tub (16) you get 25! - Also if you noticed, 9 is 3 squared, 16 is 4 squared and adding them together is 25 which is 5 squared.

17. If you add up the numbers corresponding to the letters in the word HEART, you get 25.  (8 + 5 + 1 + 9 + 2) (The 9 for R is 18, 1 + 8) -- Ahhhh, isn't that sweet? (John thinks I'm odd for knowing that!)  Well, 25 is an odd number!) :-)

18.  It is a nice square number.  5 x 5 = 25.  It is also a centered octagonal number.

19. Some of my best bowling games have been on lane 25 (&26) and for awhile my league average was 225.

20. There is a very popular internet meme on Facebook called "25 Random Things about Me" that has millions of views.  I haven't done it yet but I will be using it as a topic for a future blog.  Stay tuned!

21. The 25th letter of the alphabet is "Y".  I have been asking "Why" questions all my life!  Still do!

22. 2 x 5 = 10 (my son's birthmonth), 5 - 2 = 3 (my son's birthday).  Ryan's birthday is 5 / 22 (25 reversed and he is our second child.).

23. I'm going to have an amazingly cool blog posting in 25 days talking about my husband's birthday!

24. I posted this blog on the 25th day of the month.

25.  I posted this blog on the 25th minute of the hour.  I went for 25 seconds as well.  :-)

Happy 25th Anniversary on the 25th to anyone celebrating! It's a Silver One! (Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold.  Anyone remember that camp song?)  Also happy birthday to those of you with birthdays today!

Where were you 25 years ago today?  25 days ago today, 25 minutes ago today, 25 seconds ago today?

Hope you had some fun reading this light blog!  A shout out to all you 25 fans.  Let me know what else you like or can relate to about the number 25!  I'll probably be running through a bunch more in my head tonight as I try to fall asleep!

Let Your Light Shine and Have An Amazing Week!
Karen

5 comments:

  1. 25 is a very cool number. It is my #2.

    18 of couse is my number 1 like Karen said.

    You did the number 25 very proud today.

    Love You K 25 times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I of course must respond to you at 11:25 p.m. -- cool for 2 reasons.

    1) 11/25 is my birthday
    2) the number 25

    :) Time for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny and adorable. Cheers to the number 25 and to you as well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25

    My favorite number too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello anonymous #3 and #4! I'm sorry I missed you earlier, #3. Thanks for your compliment and cheers to you as well!

    Anonymous #4: You said it succinctly! I could take lessons! Shout out to 25! :-)

    ReplyDelete