Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Dad, Dad / Grandpa! We Love You!!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there! 

This post is a tribute to my own Dad!  Afterwards, I'll do one for my husband, John but this one, Dad is all for you!  I promise not to "write a book" as you always kid.

My father, Paul is a man of great character.  He has shown me love, strength, support, humor, responsibility and acceptance.  He and my Mom, Peggy adopted me when I was just a few weeks old and I have always known in my heart and been made to feel that I am their daughter and they are my loving Mom & Dad.  (Of course during the teenage years, they may have wondered what they got themselves into with the whole adoption process...  Thankfully those years are now behind us!)

My Dad will be 80 pretty soon and we are looking forward to seeing him, tasting some of his grilled steaks and playing on the putting green in the family backyard.  My Dad has been a golfer for as long as I can remember and it's awesome that he still gets out on the course regularly.  I love the sport too, learning how to play in college, although admittedly, I don't currently have the time to enjoy it unless it is in miniature form.  Someday I hope our whole family can enjoy the game.  I have two kiddos that are lefties so it will be interesting teaching them but I'm always up for a challenge!

So Dad, when you eventually happen across this blog post (I'll send you the link), please know that I LOVE YOU, admire you and thank you for being so good to me, John, Justin and Ryan.  You're #1 in our book!



Gilroy Gardens, Summer 2009

We LOVE YOU, Dad / Grandpa!!!!!
Karen, John, Justin and Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment