Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thank You for Coming Into My World

My husband just posted his 98th blog today.  He is closing in on number 100 and I can't wait to read it. What is even more amazing is that he has blogged almost every day this year!  I totally admire his dedication and consistency and I've learned a lot about him along the way.  For example, he's hoping for a cake.  Knowing my fine skills in the kitchen, I wonder who he is hoping will bake it for him?  (I'll have to get Betty Crocker on speed dial.)

The title of John's blog today is "Come Into My World".  It is a quick reflection upon the past two years since our two sons were diagnosed with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.  The main theme of his writing is expressing how important it is if you want to try and reach someone, you need to try and get into their world.  You can't just assume that they're able to effectively come into yours.

John gives some examples of how we interface and bridge that gap with Ryan and Justin.  Astutely he pointed out that getting into someone else's world is an amazing social skill that adults and children should practice often.  It's a selfless act but one that has a selfish reward as well.  You get to put yourself in the shoes of another human being.  Some might see that as a chore but I see that as a blessing.

John's blog from today of ties in with mine from yesterday, "We Speak Different Languages - Come Visit My Planet Sometime".

In there, I shared, "if Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, then I must be from Pluto, where people still debate if it's even an official planet worthy of inclusion in our solar system!" 

Our oldest son read that, pondered a moment and asked if I had used Pluto as my planet because it was the farthest away from the other planets?  Pluto, the outsider, Pluto, the farthest away... It was a pretty astute observation from a 10 year old.  (It was also pretty surprising that as a 10 year old boy he didn't make a joke about Uranus instead!)

So again, I invite you to read my husband's blog:

Life and Times Of John Krejcha: Come Into My World

and for our family, friends and those who want to get to know John better, check out some of his other 97 postings as well. 

I wanted to try to get into John's world tonight so I read one of his earliest postings

Life and Times of John Krejcha: Rambling of a Former Fish Man

For those of you new to my Aspierations blog or those who have visited before, I THANK YOU for taking the time to try and come into my world.  If you would like to share...  I'd appreciate the opportunity to come into yours as well.

Blessings and happiness,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment