Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine's Day Love Letter from & to My Husband

Happy Valentine's Day Aspierations blog visitors!

Today I have something very special to share.  It is a love letter from my husband, John.  He is an amazing, strong, passionate, funny and kind man and I find it incredible on a daily basis that he loves me despites all my quirks and flaws.



I was so touched to see this love letter from him today.  It brought tears to my eyes.  It gave me hope, It give me strength.  Seeing his thoughts in writing was very powerful.

The irony about this is that he was typing it online to his personal blog at the EXACT same time that I was typing one to him on my Karen's Cornucopia of Creativity blog.  We were both working in opposite ends of our office oblivious as to what the other was doing.  Amazingly, we posted our love notes just a minute apart from each other.

Now neither John or I are particularly known for public displays of affection, however this year since we both started getting into blogging and since we are both learning so much about loving and living with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder in our family, we both had a strong feeling inside that we wanted to tell each other as well as to the world about the strength of our love.  We have gone so much in the past couple years in our family physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually but through all the ups and downs and twists and turns, our marriage has become stronger.

Valentine's Day has often been hard for me in the past.  (Understatement!) In a future blog, I'll tell about how V-Day as a kid, teenager and young adult was quite confusing.  It definitely didn't have the same meaning it does for me as an adult and a Mom.

For today though, I am proud to post a link to both my husband's love letter to me and my love letter to him.  If you read them, that's great.  If not, we totally understand!   I think we're both doing this for ourselves, for our children and for each other as a symbol of our love.

http://johnkrejcha.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-love-you-karen.html  <-- link to John's letter to me

http://karenkrejcha.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-valentines-day-to-john-krejcha.html   <-- link to my letter to John

Happy Valentine's Day to John, to our sons, Justin and Ryan and to everyone out there!
Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment