Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is not a day to be sick!

Hello Aspierations blog readers!

I have been wanting to keep up the trend of writing here on my blog so that I will make a consistent pattern and hopefully attract a readership.  Unfortunately, I was busy with Count Your Beans work stuff on Thursday (gotta try and pay the bills) and then both Friday and today, I have been sick.

This is not a day to be sick!  I have so much to do.  So little time.  I know we all get 24 hours in each day but I often feel like I could use 36. 

I'm not a very good sick person.  Smells, tastes, textures, sensitivities to light and sound... all these things become magnified exponentially when I'm not feeling well.  Typing at the keyboard isn't a good thing.... which of course, I'm doing now against my own better judgement.  Dare I say, I probably get a little grouchy and emotional too.....

Our oldest son was also ill yesterday and today.  Our youngest stayed home sick from school on Thursday.  So something has been going around our house, we just haven't figured out what.  I'm guessing some sort of stomach flu.  It has been up to Super-Hero Husband to keep things relatively sane around here.  Thank you, John!  You're a true blessing!  I'm sure it has NOT been easy for him.  (As I type this, he's downstairs unwinding by playing Mario Kart Wii.... guess Mario & Luigi aren't just for the little boys anymore!)

I was hoping that typing a new blog entry would allow my mind to focus and stop racing in so many directions.  As I lay in bed most of the day, I kept thinking about how I recently had admitted to "the world" (well, the online world) that I was an adult female with Asperger's Syndrome.  I'm not sure what I thought would happen as a result, but it was nice to see that the world did not end.  No-one sent me flowers, a box of chocolates or a gift certificate to the spa but I honestly didn't expect that either.

I suppose I could have used a hug, an encouraging note of support or a "we still love you unconditionally no matter who you are".... but then again, I have the feeling that at this point, not too many people have read my blog that I personally know.

I would like to write soon about what it's like for me to be a woman with Asperger's Syndrome and what it was like for me growing up.  I'd like to share also what it's like to be the parent to two wonderful boys (10 and 3) who are on the autism spectrum.  We share many similarities and many striking differences. I'd also like to share my vision for Aspierations .... for it is way more than just this blog. 

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask.   This year I'm all about "Come As You Are" & "Let Your Light Shine" so I will try and answer as truthfully and insightfully as possible.

For now though, it's back to bed.  This sick thing is no fun at all!!

Best wishes,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,

    I Love Your Light and I want it to shine!!! I will get you back to heath and make sure that you and the boys are well taken care of.

    Love
    Johnny Cat

    ReplyDelete